Organs within Ombudsman competence
The Ombudsman handles with authority before following organs:
The Government of the Republic of Macedonia:
1. organs within the ministries;
- offices (for the execution of sanctions, property affairs, duties, specified production, public revenues, water economy, veterinary, hydrometeorology, civil air traffic, cadastre, and registration of real estate, etc.);
- inspectorates (administrative, foreign currency, market, technical inspection, agriculture, sanitary and medical, educational, labour, social policy, local self-government, transport, urbanism and construction building, environment, and communal);
- funds (for medical insurance, for pension and disability insurance, for living environment, and for water);
- institutes (for statistics, geodesics, etc.);
- bureaus (for forensic expertise, for the protection of the industrial ownership, for tourism, for the development of education, for economically underdeveloped regions, for medical drugs, etc.);
agencies (for migration, for information, for sport and youth, for the development of investments);
- departments (for the living environment, planning and informatics, for the standardization of meteorology, etc.);
- health institutions (hospitals, clinics, psychiatric and neuro-psychiatric hospitals, old people’s homes (nurseries) and child care homes);
- educational institutions (for pre-school age, elementary schools, high schools, colleges);
- centres for social work.
2. Field offices
Also, the Ombudsman intervenes in the following as well: the railway company, post office, telecommunications, electricity utility company, radio and TV broadcasting company, housing and communal enterprises, as well as the organs and bodies of the local self-government.